Intake & Crisis Specialist – Domestic Violence
- MSW or Master’s in related field
- BSW with 3-5 years experience
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred
- •Educates public about domestic violence and the program, as well as seeks out potential clients and their families through face-to-face interactions, presentations, fairs, and participating in outreach committees. Works collaboratively with outside providers to create and build/maintain partnerships, schedule events, program, and activities.
- •Independently screens, assesses, and provides referrals of all incoming domestic violence calls and responds within business hours prioritizing according to risk and need of caller. Independently makes a decision on how to respond to each caller in the form of individual therapy intake, group intake, Catholic Charities transitional housing referral or safety planning with the caller.
- •May provide short term trauma informed crisis and/or case management services to clients, lead support groups and conduct psychosocial education groups, and provide presentations to the community groups or consultations to other social service agency and schools. *Responsible for thorough, timely, and accurately written documentation for client files. Records all necessary information in the prescribed data systems. Completes statistical information in a timely manner for agency and funder purposes as required. Meets programmatic benchmarks for productivity.
- •Maintains the confidentiality of client information in complain with Agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standard, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies while performing job expectations. Handles all client complaints as well as crisis situations in consultation with his/her supervisory chain and in compliance with agency /programmatic policy and procedures. Treats each case with sensitivity and expedience.
Catholic Charities of Chicago
5645 W Corcoran
Chicago, IL 60644
Ways to Apply
submit a job
Have an open position you would like to share? Use our online submission form.