CDVP/CPAIP Certification – Renewal Notice
Due date: 09/30/22
ICDVP realizes that many in-person trainings have been canceled due to COVID-19 and, as a result, renewal requirements have been temporarily changed.
- The original expiration date of 09/30/22, has been extended until 11/30/22. It is important to note that this DOES NOT extend your next expiration date.
- 30 CEUs must be completed during the dates of 10/01/20 – 11/30/22.
- For the 09/30/22, renewal period, the 15 hours of in-person CEUs has been waived. All CEUs can be completed online.
- These above changes apply to the 09/30/22 renewal date ONLY.
Important Reminder Specific to this Renewal Date
CEUs cannot be utilized for more than one renewal application. The 09/30/20 renewal date had been extended to 11/30/20 due to COVID-19. If you submitted CEUs after 10/01/20 for your previous renewal period, you CANNOT submit them again for this renewal date. If CEUs from the previous renewal period are submitted, they will be rejected, and you will be required to submit additional CEUs to meet the renewal requirements.
Individual certification is renewed by completion of the required renewal Form 8, submitted proof that 30 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEU) have been obtained since the professional’s last renewal period, and payment of the renewal fee. All renewal documents must be postmarked by the expiration date.
Certification is valid for two years from the date of issue unless suspended or revoked by ICDVP Board for disciplinary reasons.
Please note the following when sending in your application:
- ICDVP no longer mails out ICDVP Form 8, and it is the responsibility of the certified individual to access ICDVP Form 8 on the ICDVP website at ilcdvp.org.
- The application must be completed with all CEU courses listed including those for which you are petitioning.
- If the application is not filled out completely or if it is not signed and dated, it may be returned.
- The individual certification renewal fee is $75.00.
- All fees for an individual renewal application can be included in one payment.
- If your agency pays your renewal fees, the check must be for your renewal fees only. Agencies cannot combine renewal fees for multiple individuals.
- If you need a receipt for your payment, this request must be submitted to ICDVP in writing.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- CEUs must be completed during the period of 10/01/20 –11/30/22. Courses completed prior to the certification date of 10/01/20 will not be accepted toward the 30-hour continuing education requirement.
- CEU content must be related to the 40-hour Domestic Violence or 20-hour PAIP training topics.
- CEUs cannot be utilized for more than one renewal application. This means you cannot submit CEUs from a past renewal period for a new renewal period.
- If you are certified as both a CDVP and CPAIP, you can use the same CEUs for both renewal applications if they fall within the renewal period.
- The maximum number of hours that can be requested for a single conference is 20 hours.
- One continuing education unit equals one hour of instruction. A training, workshop or conference must be a minimum of one hour in length. Time devoted to announcements, welcoming speeches, lunch, and other social events is not included in the number of hours counted.
- No part of the 40-hour Domestic Violence training, 20-hour online / 20-hour in-person Domestic Violence training, or the 20-hour PAIP training may be retaken as CEUs.
- Continuing education units earned from ICDVP Certified CEU Training Sites do not require a petition or a fee of $10. To make sure the CEU provider is an ICDVP certified site, you can review the list on the ICDVP website at ilcdvp.org.
Request for approval of CEUs received from a non-ICDVP certified CEU training site, for completion of a DV content college course, for teaching/facilitating, or for participation on an approved Committee/Board must be submitted on the appropriate petition form, along with related documentation and the petition fee.
- All petitions must be signed, dated, and accompanied by the appropriate form and $10 fee for each one.
Non-ICDVP certified CEU training site credit
If an individual attends a conference that was not provided by an ICDVP certified CEU training site, the individual can submit a request for CEU approval by completely filling out and signing Form 6, submitting required documentation, and submitting the petition fee.
- Proof of conference attendance through a non-ICDVP certified CEU training site is a copy of the completion certificate. The ICDVP Board may require additional evidence demonstrating compliance with the CEU requirements. It is the responsibility of each renewal applicant to retain or otherwise produce evidence of such compliance.
College course CEU credit
If an individual attends an accredited college/university class, the individual can submit a request for CEU approval by completely filling out and signing Form 6, submitting required documentation, and submitting the petition fee.
- Proof of college credit is a copy of an official transcript showing a passing grade and the college course description or syllabus.
- ICDVP will allow an hour of continuing education credit for each class credit hour taken through an accredited college/university up to a maximum of 20 The classes, however, must be in areas covered in the 40-hour Domestic Violence training or 20-hour PAIP training content.
Teaching / Facilitating CEU Credit
If an individual teaches in the field of domestic violence at an accredited college/university or facilitates an ICDVP certified 40-hour Domestic Violence training, 20-hour online/ 20-hour in person, or 20-hour PAIP training, the individual can submit a request for CEU approval by completely filling out and signing Form 7, submitting any required documentation, and submitting the petition fee.
Proof of teaching/facilitating is a copy of the course description, course schedule, training brochure, or letter provided by the Training Coordinator.
- A maximum of 10 CEU hours per renewal may be earned for verified teaching/facilitating.
- One teaching/facilitating hour equals one CEU hour.
Note: Individuals who teach part or all of ICDVP certified 40-hour Domestic Violence training, 20-hour online / 20-hour in-person training, or 20-hour PAIP training at the same agency at various times during the renewal period need to submit documentation for each training with one petition (ICDVP Form7) and pay one fee.
Committee/Board Activity CEU credit
If an individual participates in a committee/board, that individual can submit a request for CEU approval by completely filling out and signing Form 5, submitting any required documentation, and submitting the petition fee. Proof of committee/board activity is a copy of the minutes which lists committee attendees, date, and time frame of the meeting.
- A maximum of 6 hours of CEUs may be earned per renewal period for participation in activities which include but are not limited to: active service as an ICDVP Board/committee member, approved local or national network officer, chair or committee member of a major domestic violence conference, and chair or committee member of the following organizations: The Network: Advocating Against Domestic Violence, Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Department of Human Services Domestic Violence Advisory committee, or Illinois Family Violence Coordinating Council.
- One participation hour equals one CEU hour.
- Committee or Board Activity must be a minimum of one hour in length.
Note: Individuals who participate in a committee or Board Activity at various times during the renewal period need to submit documentation for each meeting with one petition Form 5 and pay one fee. Individuals who participate in more than one Committee or Board Activity must count them as separate and submit a petition form and petition fee for each Committee or Board Activity. (Example: Four ICDVP Standards meetings and 3 ICADV Membership meetings count as two separate activities so require two separate petitions and fees. The total of all Committee or Board Activities cannot equal more than 6 hours).
It is highly recommended that renewal applications are submitted 30 days prior to the expiration date to allow for any corrections to be made if they are needed. If a renewal application is incomplete or inaccurate, the applicant will be given a brief time period to submit the requested information before a $25 late fee is added.
Renewal applications will be accepted starting 08/01/22. New certificates will be mailed out the first week of October 2022.
The ICDVP Policy and Procedure Manual is continually updated and revised. Execution of all Policies and Procedures included in the manual are at the sole discretion of ICDVP, Inc. For additional information or clarification, refer to the website at www.ilcdvp.org.
Applications must be postmarked on or before 11/30/22.