CDVP/CPAIP Certification – Renewal Notice
Expiration date: 02/28/23
Important Reminder: Per a previous notice sent out to all certified individuals, the expiration date for this renewal period is 02/28/23 and extensions due to COVID are no longer allowed.
Individual certification is renewed by completion of the required renewal Form 8, submitted proof that 30 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEU) have been obtained since the professional’s last renewal period, and payment of the renewal fee. All 30 CEUs can be completed in any combination of online, webinar, in-person, or other e-learning training with certificate from the provider. All renewal documents must be postmarked by the expiration date.
CEU content must be related to the 40-hour Domestic Violence or 20-hour PAIP training topics listed in the ICDVP Manual. CEUs cannot be utilized for subsequent renewal applications.
Certification is valid for two years from date of issue unless suspended or revoked by ICDVP Board for disciplinary reason.
Please note the following when sending in your application:
- ICDVP no longer mails out ICDVP Form 8, and it is the responsibility of the certified individual to access ICDVP Form 8 on the ICDVP website at www.ilcdvp.org.
- The application must be completed with all CEU courses listed including those for which you are petitioning.
- If the application is not filled out completely or if it is not signed and dated, it may be returned.
- The individual certification renewal fee is $75.00.
- All fees for an individual renewal application can be included in one payment.
- If your agency pays your renewal fees, the check must be for your renewal fees only. Agencies cannot combine renewal fees for multiple individuals.
- ICDVP has the option of paying renewal fees online through the ICDVP website. Processing fees will be applied to online payments, and they are subject to change.
- If you need a receipt for your payment, this request must be submitted to ICDVP in writing.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEUs)
- CEUs must be completed during the period of 03/01/21 – 02/28/23. Courses completed prior to the certification date of 03/01/21 will not be accepted toward the 30-hour continuing education requirement.
- CEU content must be related to the 40-hour Domestic Violence training content, or 20-hour PAIP training content listed in the ICDVP Manual. ICDVP certified CEU training sites ensure that this standard is met.
- All 30 CEUs can be completed in any combination of online, webinar, in-person, or other e-learning training with certificate from the provider.
- One continuing education unit equals one hour of instruction. A training, workshop or conference must be a minimum of one hour in length. Time devoted to announcements, welcoming speeches, lunch and other social events is not included in the number of hours counted.
- The maximum number of CEU hours that can be requested for a single training/conference is 20. (21+ CEUs received for one training will not be accepted.
- No part of the 40-hour Domestic Violence training, 20-hour on-line / 20-hour in-person Domestic Violence, 20-hour virtual / 20-hour in-person Domestic Violence training, or the 20-hour PAIP training may be retaken as CEUs.
- CEU topics not related to the 40-hour training and/or 20-hour PAIP training, even if provided by an ICDVP CEU certified training site, will not count towards CDVP/CPAIP renewal. Final approval of CEU trainings is at the discretion of the ICDVP Standards Committee.
Request for approval of CEUs received from a non-ICDVP certified CEU training site, for completion of a DV content college course, for teaching/facilitating, or for participation on an approved Committee/Board must be submitted on the appropriate petition form, along with related documentation and the petition fee.
- All petitions must be signed, dated, and accompanied by the appropriate form and $10 fee for each one.
Non-ICDVP certified CEU training site credit
If an individual attends a conference that was not provided by an ICDVP certified CEU training site, the individual can submit a request for CEU approval by completely filling out and signing Form 6, submitting required documentation, and submitting the petition fee.
- Proof of conference attendance through a non-ICDVP certified CEU training site is a copy of the completion certificate. The ICDVP Board may require additional evidence demonstrating compliance with the CEU requirements. It is the responsibility of each renewal applicant to retain or otherwise produce evidence of such compliance.
College course CEU credit
If an individual attends an accredited college/university class, the individual can submit a request for CEU approval by completely filling out and signing Form 6, submitting required documentation, and submitting the petition fee.
- Proof of college credit is a copy of an official transcript showing a passing grade and the college course description or syllabus.
- ICDVP will allow an hour of continuing education credit for each class credit hour taken through an accredited college/university up to a maximum of 20 hours. The classes, however, must be in areas covered in the 40-hour Domestic Violence training or 20-hour PAIP training content.
Teaching/Facilitating CEU credit
If an individual teaches in the field of domestic violence at an accredited college/university or facilitates an ICDVP certified 40-hour Domestic Violence training, 20-hour online/ 20-hour in person, or 20-hour PAIP training, the individual can submit a request for CEU approval by completely filling out and signing Form 7, submitting any required documentation, and submitting the petition fee. Proof must show topic, content, hours, and time frames clearly showing the individual provided the training or taught the course. Proof includes but is not limited to a copy of the course description, course schedule, training certificate, or letter provided by the Training Coordinator.
- A maximum of 10 CEU hours per renewal may be earned for verified teaching/facilitating.
- One teaching/facilitating hour equals one CEU hour.
Note: Individuals who teach part or all of ICDVP certified 40-hour Domestic Violence training, 20-hour online / 20-hour in-person training, or 20-hour PAIP training at the same agency at various times during the renewal period need to submit documentation for each training with one petition (ICDVP Form7) and pay one fee.
Committee/Board Activity CEU credit
If an individual participates in a committee/board, that individual can submit a request for CEU approval by completely filling out and signing Form 5, submitting any required documentation, and submitting the petition fee. Proof of committee/board activity is a copy of the minutes which lists committee attendees, date, and time frame of the meeting.
- A maximum of 6 hours of CEUs may be earned per renewal period for participation in activities which include but are not limited to: active service as an ICDVP Board/committee member, approved local or national network officer, chair or committee member of a major domestic violence conference, and chair or committee member of the following organizations: The Network: Advocating Against Domestic Violence, Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Department of Human Services Domestic Violence Advisory committee, or Illinois Family Violence Coordinating Council.
- One participation hour equals one CEU hour.
- Committee or Board Activity must be a minimum of one hour in length.
Note: Individuals who participate in a Committee or Board Activity at various times during the renewal period need to submit documentation for each meeting with one petition Form 5 and pay one fee. Individuals who participate in more than one Committee or Board Activity must count them as separate and submit a petition form and petition fee for each Committee or Board Activity. (Example: Four ICDVP Standards meetings and 3 ICADV Membership meetings count as 2 separate activities so require 2 separate petitions and fees. The total of all Committee or Board Activities cannot equal more than 6 hours).
It is highly recommended that renewal applications are submitted 30 days prior to the expiration date to allow for any corrections to be made if they are needed. If a renewal application is incomplete or inaccurate, the applicant will be given a brief time period to submit the requested information before a $25 late fee is added. Renewal applications will be accepted starting 12/01/22. New certificates will be mailed out the first week of March 2023.
The ICDVP Policy and Procedure Manual is continually updated and revised. Execution of all Policies and Procedures included in the manual are at the sole discretion of ICDVP, Inc. For additional information or clarification, refer to the website at www.ilcdvp.org.
Applications must be postmarked on or before 02/28/23.